Magazine spread-outs and advertisements portray a woman’s ideal image as being thin and slim, but we would like to point out that “thin” is always not “healthy.” Supermodels often depict size zero figure which most women chase, but it’s not a practical size to reach if one wants to remain healthy for life. Weight loss should not be aimed towards attaining a certain body image or to have a scrunched waistline, it should be more about emotional and physical well being. Models often are under considerable pressure to maintain their onscreen looks, and some of them even starve and look anorexic. So, it is never advisable to idolize supermodels who are often anorexic and that’s why most Rati Beauty diets promote healthy eating so that you can lose weight the healthy way, without compromising on nutrition, or starving yourself, putting at risk your physical and psychological health. There is no point in starving oneself to become super svelte and thin, it’s eventually about making healthy choices and lifestyle changes that would help you make stay fit and slender. In this article, we would list down ways to stay slim and healthy for life without compromising on nutrition. These tips are easy to follow and you can make them a part of your daily routine without worrying about piling on weight again.
We would start from the very basic things first:
1. Chew your Food Slowly: When you eat too fast, your brain doesn’t get the signal to stop once you are full. This means that you often eat more than you actually require. Another interesting fact is that the brain takes about 20 minutes to register that you have eaten food, and by slowing down, you can actually “feel full,” while you have eaten just 80% of your food and can stop yourself from piling on extra pounds.
2. Eat Food from a Bowl rather than a Plate: We would tell you a little trick that would help you in portion control – eat food from a bowl rather than a plate and you would be able to control calories during all meals. When you use small plates or bowls, you tend to take smaller amount of food and that would prevent you from eating more than you need. There’s also an amazing scientific study that states that your brain gets tricked and feels satisfied when you eat from a bowl than from a plate. You would feel full when you eat from a small bowl with the same quantity of food that you eat from a larger plate. Also, the bowl’s weight in hand will give you the feeling that you are consuming more food. So, dump that plate and pick that bowl.
3. Eat Food that would keep you full for long: Food such as eggs, oats, and items rich in fiber would keep you full for longer and also prevent frequent hunger pangs and snacking. High-protein and high-fiber food items can help you lose fat by keeping you full for longer periods of time, and prevent food cravings. A high fiber food slows down your stomach emptying process and help in releasing hormones that make you feel full. Food items that are high in water, fiber, and protein all benefit your body by keeping you full for long period of time. Additionally, fiber has no calories at all and the best option in a weight loss diet. Here’s a list of 45 Foods To Suppress Appetite and Reduce Hunger.
4. Never go on a Crash Diet: Starving and depriving your body of food will not work at all if you are thinking about long-term weight loss. Crash diet will show only temporary results and once you are back to your old eating habits, your body will gain all the weight right back. Consume fruits and vegetables in good portion. At the end of the day, making healthy lifestyle choices matter and that’s what helps you stay skinny throughout. That’s why Rati beauty believes in including fruits and vegetables in their diet programs to lose weight, with the right kind of food, without starving your body of essential nutrients.
5. Go Low on Salt: Salt is a major factor why one looks bloated. Salty food items make body retain water too. It would be a wise idea to switch to Himalayan pink salt instead of refined salt.
6. Cut down Added Sugar and Refined Sugar Completely: We cannot stress enough the importance of cutting down refined sugar from your diet, it will ensure that you would remain healthy for the entire life, lowering risk of diseases like diabetes and heart problems. Here’s what would happen if you stop consuming sugar for 15 days.
7. Maintain a Calorie Deficit: Keep a check on how many calories you are consuming and how much you are burning to stay fit, slim and healthy all your life.
8. Boost Metabolism to Burn Calories Effectively: Metabolism is the pace at which the human body burns calories for energy. Boost your metabolism with these food items in your diet.
9. Don’t gulp down water, chew your water: A lot of times, we are just thirsty and not really hungry when we reach out for unhealthy snacks. Having water helps to curb unnecessary cravings and also helps to flush out toxins from the body, along with improving gut health, something which is one of the key factors responsible for effective weight loss.
10. Lift Weights to Stay Slim Forever: Lifting weights would help you to lose weight without losing muscle, it would make you lean and slim, and also tone your body.
11. Do not Snack Frequently: Keep fixed timings for snacks instead of making frequent trips to the refrigerator or the pantry. Frequent snacking causes insulin to always be in a spiked state, leading to creation of fat cells in the process. The idea is to cause lesser insulin spikes to stay lean.
12. Make Green Tea your Favorite Beverage: Green tea not only aids in weight loss, it helps one to maintain the desired weight as well. It flushes out toxins, has antioxidants, and also compounds that boost metabolism.
13. Reduce Carb intake during Dinner: Excessive and unrefined carbs during dinner will most probably lead to fat storage. A low-carb diet would typically include fruits, legumes, green vegetables, and dairy foods. Also, totally limit consumption of processed grains and refined breads during dinner.
14. Consume Healthy Fats on a Daily Basis: It’s a misconception that all fats are bad, no they are not! There are healthy fats that are rich in omega-3 fatty acids which help you stay full and help burn fat in the process. Avocado, cheese, eggs, fatty fish, chia seeds, olive oil, nuts are some amazing examples of healthy fats that would help you stay slim.
15. Walk at least 10,000 steps a day: Get yourself a fitness band or watch and keep a track of your movement. Make it a point to walk at least 10,000 each day because that would help your metabolism up and active and lead to effective burning of extra calories.
Additionally, we would also like to stress the importance of going low on stress and getting enough sleep at night because these two are the major factors why someone gains weight
Hope these tips would help you to stay slim and healthy for life.
Read more: makeupandbeauty.com