Reportedly, Hollywood star Angelina Jolie sips on wheatgrass and people believe that’s the secret behind her radiant glow and weight loss. In this post, we are going to learn the benefits of wheatgrass and how we can use it to get gorgeous skin, good health, and also lose some weight in the process. Wheat grass is also known as nature’s finest medicine because it has abundant goodness to offer. Often underestimated, this thin blade of grass is a powerhouse of nutrients. Wheatgrass contains 8 gm of protein and dietary fiber in a single strand. It also contains a decent amount of vitamins like A, C iron, and calcium and is low in calories. The best part is that improves overall health and helps with weight loss. Before we get on how to use wheatgrass for weight loss, let’s have a look on its benefits:
Benefits of Wheatgrass:
1. Natural detoxifier: Wheatgrass contains natural detoxifying properties which detoxifies colon, liver and also the bloodstream.
2. Supports digestion: When it comes to weight loss, it all starts with the stomach and wheatgrass contains certain alkaline minerals that aid with constipation, diarrhoea and ulcers. It cleanses the colon and prevents acidity.
3. Promotes weight loss: Consuming wheatgrass helps to boost metabolism and provides you with energy and promotes weight loss.
4. Natural medicine for Diabetes: Wheatgrass contains fiber which controls the absorption of cholesterol and sugar, and also regulates blood sugar levels.
5. Anti-ageing benefits: Wheatgrass has anti-ageing effect on the skin. It tightens loose skin, promotes skin’s elasticity, and gives you youthful skin.
6. Induces hair growth: Regular consumption of wheatgrass can promote new hair growth. Additionally, topical application of this ingredient can also promote hair growth!
7. Treats Acne: Applying wheatgrass on breakouts can clear them up and help you achieve healthy-looking skin.
8. Prevents grey hair: Topical application of wheatgrass on hair can prevent hair from greying. Bonus- promotes hair growth and you end up with gorgeous locks!
How To Consume Wheatgrass Oil for Weight Loss:
1. Wheat grass powder: You can easily get wheat grass powder online or from the local grocery store. We recommend buying wheatgrass from a reputed organic brand to see visible results. Brands like Organic India, 24 mantra are good options. You need to mix one tablespoon of wheatgrass powder in water and drink it on empty stomach. It may not taste good at all, so you can mix it in fruit juice or smoothie to gulp it down. Wait for 30 minutes before consuming your breakfast.
2. Wheatgrass juice: There are many brands which offer wheatgrass juice. But choose an organic brand. You need to consume around 2 tablespoons of wheatgrass juice on empty stomach. You can either dilute it in a glass of water or simply consume it like that. If drinking wheatgrass early in the morning does not suit you, consuming it right before bedtime is also a great idea.
3. Grow wheatgrass at home: This is completely optional and depends on how passionate you are to stay healthy and fit. Home-grown wheat grass can be used in juices and smoothies, and is undoubtedly the best form of wheat grass you can get. To make your wheatgrass shot, buy whole wheat grain from any grocery store, pick organic ones as they are free of pesticides. Now, use two cups of wheat grains, wash them, and rinse them thoroughly. Soak the seeds in a container filled with filtered water. You should soak the seeds for 3 days and keep changing the water and fill in fresh water. After 3 days, all the seeds will sprout. Drain off the water and place the seeds in a bowl. Use a wide tray for planting the seeds. Spread one inch layer of organic compost into the tray. Spread your sprouted seeds on the compost and gently press them down. Avoid burying the seeds completely into the soil. Use a water sprayer to spray water over the seeds and cover the seeds with a layer of newspaper. You need to keep the seeds moist for 3-4 days but don’t water too much, just keep them moist. Once the wheatgrass starts growing, water it only once a day. Keep the tray in partial sunlight, exposing it to too much sunlight will damage the grass. Once your wheat grass is of decent length, cut it near root using scissors and wash well before using it for juice.
We hope this article boosts your health and fitness level! Thanks for reading!!
Read more: makeupandbeauty.com