Months of working out and dieting? Still can’t get off all that stubborn fat, well, we’ve got a fix for you! That stubborn fat you have been dealing with is also called as “visceral fat.” Not only it effects your appearance, it can cause some serious health issues like type 2 diabetes and heart diseases. Visceral fat can get stored anywhere, for some – it can be the arms, belly, thighs or butt area, but the good news is that you can get rid of it! The formula is time + consistency = results! It may take some time, but incorporating these tips, you can get leaner, healthier and stronger!
1. Eat plenty of fiber: Adding fiber to your diet is highly beneficial for losing weight. Soluble fiber is a natural appetite suppressant which helps in reducing your calorie intake which can help you lose weight. Several studies have found out that that eating soluble fiber reduces the levels of hunger hormones like ghrelin, so you would feel fuller for longer. Some food items that are rich in fiber are whole grains, breakfast cereals, oats, wheat pasta, multi-grain bread, barley and fruits such as berries, melon, oranges, apples, avocado are deliciously healthy, Also lentils, kidney beans, split peas, chickpeas, quinoa can be added in your lunch/dinner meals. Vegetables such as broccoli, carrots and sweetcorn, Peas can be safely added. Dried Nuts and seeds are perfect snacks to curb those hunger pangs.
2. Eat your protein: Protein is extremely crucial when it comes to controlling body weight. Surprisingly, protein increases the fullness hormones which means you will feel full and satisfied after a protein-packed meal. As protein is low in calories, you will eventually eat fewer calories and lose weight. Bonus – you will not only lose weight, your body will begin to take shape and muscles will thank you for it, as protein retains lost muscle mass. Make sure to consume protein in every meal, foods rich in protein include eggs, tofu, soya chunks, chicken, chickpea, peanuts, fish, almonds and whey protein powder.
3. Ditch sugar: Sugar has been linked to several diseases when not consumed in moderation. You can consume two tablespoons of sugar per day, exceeding more than the recommended amount can induce weight gain. Sugar can cause various diseases some of which includes- Diabetes, heart disease, obesity and fatty liver disease also it stores fat in the stomach causing it to become bigger. You can consume stevia as a alternative to avoid those empty calories.
3. Build a cardio routine: The best way to lose weight is to include cardiovascular exercises in your daily routine, as it is one the most effective way to get rid of stubborn body fat. You can walk, jog, run on a treadmill for 30 minutes and try a HIIT workout or use cycling, stair mill, spin bike, elliptical machines at the gym to burn higher calories. If you can’t join a gym, you can definitely run/jog at your nearest park and try HIIT workouts from YouTube, as fitness is all about utilising the best of what you already have!
4. Reduce your carbs: Reducing carbs is highly beneficial in losing weight, you don’t need to follow a extreme diet to reduce weight, you just need to remove refined carbs from your diet, avoid white flour (maida) and replace it with multi-grain flour or wheat flour. You can also switch your roti with healthy salad bowl/fruit bowl/home-made vegetables soups. If you look closely at the keto diet where one consumes very less carbs per day to lose weight and it works really well. Avoid foods like fruit juices, flavoured yogurt, white bread, sweetened cereals, low fat labelled dressing, honey, sugar, chips, full fat milk.
5. Replace your cooking oil: Say bye-bye to your regular cooking oil and welcome olive oil and coconut oil into your kitchen. No matter what the brand says, all other oils are unhealthy for the body. These two oils are the only oils in the market which is actually healthy and weight friendly. According to studies, obese men who consumed coconut oil for 12 weeks lost 1.1 inch per week! Coconut oil is rich in calories but it is considered as healthy fats but everything in moderation is advised.
6. Perform weight training: Cardio with strength training is a complete hit when it comes in reducing stubborn fat. According to studies, teenage obese kids who performed cardio with weight training lost stubborn fat at a faster rate. If you are new to weight training, it is advised to train under certified personal trainer for best results. Also, you can watch videos online to correct your form and get a better idea.
7. Track your calories: Track the food you are consuming, check your labels, eat healthy food in limited portions to burn your calories. In order to lose weight, you need to consume fewer calories and burn highly calories. You can check your daily calorie requirement through an app or google. Also, have a good check on your protein-fiber-carb intake. You can also find app to track your nutrient and calorie intake.
8. Add green tea: Green tea is considered one of healthiest beverages. It contains caffeine and the antioxidant which boosts metabolism. According to several studies, green tea is highly effective in shedding fat, especially belly fat. To get best results, consume green tea prior to your workout routine.
9. Eat Fatty Fish: Fatty fish is amazingly healthy for the body! They’re loaded with high-quality protein and omega-3 fats that protect human body from disease. Some studies suggest that omega-3 fats found in fatty fish can also help in reducing visceral fat. You can also consume fish oil supplements as prescribed by your doctor to get rid of visceral fat, you can consume fish every week. Grilled fish with daal and brown rice is too delicious and healthy!
10. Sleep like a baby: Did you know that people who don’t get enough sleep tend to gain more weight? Ditch Instagram/Facebook/late night chatting and get plenty of sleep to lose weight and look beautiful. Bonus- getting good sleep helps in clearing your dark circles!
Hope you follow the following tips and get the body of your dreams! Eat healthy go lean!
Read more: makeupandbeauty.com